[Asterisk-Users] Re:How many TDM22P Card can be used on thesame PC ?

kalezade at boun.edu.tr kalezade at boun.edu.tr
Thu Aug 18 15:08:24 MST 2005

>>You say that each card generates an interrupt in every 1ms.
>>So for 6 cards, each card needs to be processed atleast in
>>166usec(1ms/6) in their interrupt_routine. Is it teoritically impossible on a
>>perfect configuration/system?

>In theory there isn't much difference between theory and practice.  In
>practice, there is.
>In other words: you're being advised against this by multiple people.You can
>heed their advice, or you can spend the $800 and have it fail, and then
>spend your theoretical $2000 on top of that to get a solution that works, and
>will work better, and that will scale much better.
>-A.

Thanks but it doesnt answer my question.

>As everyone else has said, you *might* be able to make it work, but it is
>extremely unlikely. You want to buy a T1 interface and a channel bank.
>Tom

And nobody knows/mentions (in archives) why it will fail on a """reliable"""
system.(If you dont know how asterisk handles those cards, you can blame
everything...)

Soner Tari wrote:
>Sorry but to have 24 ports you need 6x TDM cards, which adds up to at least
>$1900. And for 12 ports (3x TDM cards) at least $950. From where do you
>purchase the TDM cards?

Sorry.. my calculation mistake..

>I have a system with 12 FXs , 8 FXO, and E1 Card working very well.
>Alex

Alex, if you are talking about TDM400P cards, I will go with TDM400P cards.Other
wise I will go with E1+channel bank.

BDM

----- End forwarded message -----