[Asterisk-Users] Which AGI Development Software is fastest on Asterisk?

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Thu Aug 18 14:50:12 MST 2005

Asterisk schrieb:
> I'm looking to develop some custom AGI that will be MySQL intensive.  It
> appears Asterisk supports many different development environments.  Which
> would be best suited for Asterisk and MySQL?

Hi,

this is the same question as for other applications:
Use C, if you want to optimize runtime, use Perl or PHP
if you need fast developement.

I've developed AGIs in C as well as in Perl. Both languages
are suited well, with its respective advantages and disadvantages.

Others report good experience with PHP, Python, and some are
even using Java.

The interface to asterisk is just stdin and stdout and a little
parsing. So don't worry too much whether your preferred programming
language is suitable for AGI programming!

Roger.