[Asterisk-Users] Persistent variables disappear when dialing Local extension

Falck Kenneth kennu at swelcom.fi
Thu Aug 18 14:02:14 MST 2005

Hi,

My persistent variables (_XXX or __XXX) don't persist when I dial a
Local extension. I'm doing a forked dial where the other channel is SIP
and the other Local. Is this a known problem? Using Asterisk 1.0.9.

My purpose is to fork the original call to two destinations: One going
to an "internal" SIP phone and the other going to an external PSTN
gateway (also using SIP). So the recipient can pick it up from either
phone.

The challenge is that the external PSTN call will be paid for by the
recipient of the original call, and thus it must have a different Caller
ID to make it appear as dialled by him (a requirement). I tried to solve
this by dialing through a Local channel and setting the Caller ID there,
but all my user variables containing info about the call (which are
retrieved from MySQL earlier) are lost.

Thankful for any ideas...

--
Kenneth Falck, SWelcom Oy, Ludviginkatu 6-8, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
Private: kennu at iki.fi  Business: kennu at swelcom.fi  GSM: +358405103121