[Asterisk-Users] Hardware echo cancellation

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Thu Aug 18 13:59:13 MST 2005

> Anybody using hardware echo cancelers a PRI at a time ?
>
> What did you use ? How much did they cost ? Where'd you get em.

After searching for what felt like forever, I finally found a single PRI
echo canceller.  It is made by ValiantCom, who I believe is based out of
India.  I installed my first one about 3 weeks ago and so far it is working
great.  I have over 30 offices on the east coast, and was experiencing
horrible echo problems on every call to several of our smaller offices.  We
also experienced what seemed like random cases of occassional echo to other
numbers.  Since installing the HW canceller I have not had a single case of
echo.  In addition to voice, we use asterisk to receive faxes over the PRI
and (as long as the echo canceller is set to unidirectional mode) that also
continues to work well.  The echo cancellers cost around $1000.  If anyone
is interested, contact me off-list and I will give you the contact
information for the US distributor I have been purchasing them through.

I don't mean to breach list etiquette too badly, but on a related subject:
I now have a Tellabs 255D shelf with 16 2572 cards, and a Tellabs 81-8007
10Amp power supply that I don't need.  I never had the time to hook them all
up, but as far as I know it all works fine.  I have a punch down block and
the amphenol cables to go with it, but don't have the wire to connect
between the power supply and shelf.  I intend to put them on ebay when I
have a chance, but if anyone is interested now feel free to make an offer.

Eric