[Asterisk-Users] Which AGI Development Software is fastest on Asterisk?

Stefan Reuter srt at reucon.net
Thu Aug 18 13:20:16 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-18 at 13:01 -0700, Asterisk wrote:
> I'm looking to develop some custom AGI that will be MySQL intensive.  It
> appears Asterisk supports many different development environments.  Which
> would be best suited for Asterisk and MySQL?

First you should decide if you want to run short lived AGI script
processes on the same box along with Asterisk or want Asterisk to
connect to one long lived process that serves multiple calls via TCP/IP
(FastAGI). Usually you will prefer FastAGI as it allows AGI scripts to
be processed on a different machine if needed and eliminates the cost of
spawning a process (and additional setup like opening a db connection)
for each call.
Next you want to decide on you favorite programming language, there is
support for almost everything. Have a look at
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20AGI
If you want go with Java have a look at Asterisk-Java's support for
FastAGI at http://asterisk-java.sourceforge.net/tutorial.html

=Stefan