[Asterisk-Users] Set voicemail maximum length by context

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Thu Aug 18 12:29:46 MST 2005

Mom says she's busy.

Tim Pushor wrote:
> Hey, can you ask mom if she would watch the kids overnight one night
> when Heather gets back? Thats what I'd like to do for her birthday - a
> little getway ...
>
> Ben Brown wrote:
>
>> Is there any way to set the maximum length of the voicemail based upon
>> which context the mailbox is in? I have only found the global setting.
>>
>> Thanks

Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120

r: Generate a ringing tone for the calling party, passing no audio from
the called channel(s) until one answers. Use with care and don't insert
this by default into all your dial statements as you are killing call
progress information for the user. Really, you almost certainly do not
want to use this. Asterisk will generate ring tones automatically where
it is appropriate to do so. "r" makes it go the next step and
additionally generate ring tones where it is probably not appropriate to
do so.