[Asterisk-Users] XML Revisited - Polycom IP 600

ewr at erols.com ewr at erols.com
Thu Aug 18 12:04:02 MST 2005

I am also looking for some more detailed information on the cababilities of
the Polycom 600's microbrowser.  I have almost 100 of the IP600's deployed,
but have just now found the time to start seriously experimenting with the
microbrowser.  I have no problem displaying xhtml and using the arrow/check
keys to move around, but would like to be able to do more.

My primary questions are:
Is it possible to create soft-keys?
Is it possible to make the numbers on the key pad select URL's?
Is there a way to dial a phone number by selecting a URL?

I tried using some of the tags that work on mobile phones, such as
"Accesskey", which allows you to tie the 0-9#* keys to URL's, but so far
have not been able to find anything that works.  I haven't had a chance to
try any URL's that might dial a phone number.  Several people on the list
have mentioned using PHP to make contact directories and agent queues
available on the phone.  Do your users just use the arrow/check keys to
navigate or have you found more sophisticated ways?

If anyone has had experience with this, or has suggestions on who to contact
about getting more technical information, please let me know!

Eric