[Asterisk-Users] Disconnect supervision question

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Thu Aug 18 09:46:52 MST 2005

Answering machines are a lot better at detecting hangups than Asterisk
is.  Asterisk expects either a removal of voltage from the line or a
reverse of polarity of the line.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120

r: Generate a ringing tone for the calling party, passing no audio from
the called channel(s) until one answers. Use with care and don't insert
this by default into all your dial statements as you are killing call
progress information for the user. Really, you almost certainly do not
want to use this. Asterisk will generate ring tones automatically where
it is appropriate to do so. "r" makes it go the next step and
additionally generate ring tones where it is probably not appropriate to
do so.