[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID

Eric Wieling aka ManxPower eric at fnords.org
Thu Aug 18 06:58:09 MST 2005

Gurminder Arora wrote:
> Hello,
>                I am implementing asterisk in my office in India. I am
> facing a problem of caller ID.  Any kind of help is appreciated.
>
> As a call comes to asterisk console it shows
>
> ERROR[27863]: callerid.c:260 callerid_feed: fsk_serie made mylen < 0 (-7)
> WARNING[27863]: chan_zap.c:5434 ss_thread: CallerID feed failed: Success
> Aug 18 11:33:45 WARNING[27863]: chan_zap.c:5476 ss_thread: CallerID
> returned with error on channel 'Zap/4-1'

In my experience, that error can be caused by too high or low of rxgain
on that port.  In the incoming FSK audio is too loud or too soft it can
cause errors in receiving Caller*ID Info.

--
Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-210-3699 x2120

r: Generate a ringing tone for the calling party, passing no audio from
the called channel(s) until one answers. Use with care and don't insert
this by default into all your dial statements as you are killing call
progress information for the user. Really, you almost certainly do not
want to use this. Asterisk will generate ring tones automatically where
it is appropriate to do so. "r" makes it go the next step and
additionally generate ring tones where it is probably not appropriate to
do so.