[Asterisk-Users] TE410P + SPANDSP fax problem

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Thu Aug 18 06:27:58 MST 2005

Ma Zhiyong wrote:

> I'm sure use my telco as clock src, and my libtiff is also v3.5.7,
> while problem still exist.
> Shall I contact with my telco for timing?
> in zaptel.conf, I set
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
> span=2,2,0,ccs,hdb3
> span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> span=4,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> To trace rxfax, just turn on debug trace level.

That doesn't tell us very much, unless you tell us where these 4 E1s
connect to. Should CRC4 really be switched off? I assume you are using
EuroISDN, since you have CCS enabled. That usually works with CRC4 on,
although some telcos do the wrong (read flaky) thing and turn CRC4 off.

As well as clock sourcing, another thing causing data slips on many
machines is using X-windows. Even on really fast machines the rapid
interrupts from the frame buffer used for X-windows causes data loss.

Regards,
Steve