[Asterisk-Users] granstream, vlan, tftp

Peter Hudec peter.hudec at globaltel.sk
Thu Aug 18 02:32:37 MST 2005

hi all,

I known taht this ML is about *, but lot of you are using BT telepnones.

I'm using FW 1.0.6.7 for all phone. This firmware support VLAN tagging for
QoS on the Layer2. I use it to separe the PHONE network form the PC network,
which are in PC connector in the BT.
And I also use the TFTP server for provisioning (software, configuration).

The problem is, if you set the VLAN for QOS. When the phone is booting, it's send
untagged pakets to the switch and therefor this paket is placed to the
defualt vlan (configured on the switch) and wrong network (PC). So the phone does
not retrieve the configurtion and software images from TFTP. After the phone boots,
all is working all rigt, becasue it used formaly saved configs from WWW.

I tried two switched (cisco 2950, d-link des3526)

	best regards
		Peter Hudec

--
It's so simple to be wise. Just
think of something stupid to say

position: [IP network administrator]
company:  [GlobalTel Ltd.]
address:  [Borska 6, 841 04 Bratislava]

mail: [peter.hudec at globaltel.sk]        www: [http://www.globaltel.sk/]
phone: [+421 2 35000803]        	fax: [+421 2 57203402]