[Asterisk-Users] DECT gateways

Andreas Sikkema andreas.sikkema at ritstele.com
Thu Aug 18 00:55:36 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:

> Nice looking device.
> Does it support DECT repeaters?
> I cannot rely on 1 basestation for my handset when I walk
> around in the location. The Siemens stuff has 10
> antennas/repeaters/extenders in the building. It's a bit
> overkill, but the Siemens guys tend to love doing it BIG.
> I think 3 to 6 repeaters will be way enough for the cases we have
> open now.

Buildings do strange things with radio. What might
seem like overkill could be mandated by liftcages,
firestairs etc. Also if you want to add dect
coverage in a busy area where lots of people with
dect handsets gather (meeting rooms, canteens) you
need lots of basestations.

I've worked in a building where there seemed to be an
overkill of basestations every hallway had 3 or 4, (every
20 meters or so) and still there were areas with
insufficient coverage...

--
Andreas Sikkema                     bbned NV
Van Vollenhovenstraat 3    3016 BE Rotterdam