[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk configuration from database with res_config

Frank Aartman f.aartman at edutel.nl
Thu Aug 18 00:09:56 MST 2005

I want to let Asterisk read its configuration from a mysql database. I
configured everything according to the wiki page:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+res_config.
However it doesn't work. I am using 1.0.8 asterisk version and here are
my config files:

Extconfig.conf:

[settings]
;uncomment to load queues.conf via the db engine.
;queues.conf => 		odbc,mysql1,ast_config
;extensions.conf => 	odbc,mysql1,ast_config
sip.conf => odbc,mysql1,ast_config

res_odbc.conf:

;;; odbc setup file

[mysql1]
dsn => MySQL-asterisk
username => blaat
password => blaat
pre-connect => yes
[mysql2]
dsn => MySQL-asterisk
username => myuser
password => mypass
pre-connect => yes

odbc to mysql is working fine, I tested it. here is my odbc.ini from
/etc/

[MySQL-asterisk]
Description = MySQL Asterisk database
Trace       = Off
TraceFile   = stderr
Driver      = MySQL
SERVER      = localhost
USER        = blaat
PASSWORD    = blaat
PORT        = 3306
DATABASE    = asterisk

I used the load_res_config.pl to put the sip.conf into the database in
ast_config. Via phpMyadmin I can see the data in there correctly. When
booting or reloading Asterisk I don't see anything indicating it is
connecting to odbc. I tried removing the sip.conf from /etc/asterisk,
leaving an empty sip.conf, and only leaving the general section of
sip.conf there. Nothing works.

Cheers,

Frank