[Asterisk-Users] DECT gateways

Andreas Reich andreas at reich.name
Wed Aug 17 14:16:32 MST 2005

Michiel van Baak wrote:
 > They now have a Siemens or a Samsung PBX. Those PBX-es come
 > with a DECT basestation and optionally repeaters etc.
 > All those basestations speak some own protocol to the PBX,
 > so we cannot use them with asterisk.

Why don't you use the existing PBX and connect it to Asterisk via S2M?

I'm running a DECT PBX myself and it has a "sub-PBX" feature. In that
mode it will act as a gateway between ISDN (Asterisk) and the DECT phones.
So if you dial 1234 on a DECT phone, it will first check if there is a
DECT extension with number 1234 assigned to it. If there isn't, it calls
1234 on the ISDN line.

For me, that's exactly what I need to interconnect DECT phones and Asterisk.

Andreas