[Asterisk-Users] DECT gateways

Dean Collins Dean at collins.net.pr
Wed Aug 17 13:54:49 MST 2005

Yep wifi doesn't do base to base roaming, stick with dect for the next
12-18 months until wifi gets it's act together.

You might also like to check out Nira (or ascom nira) as they have a
standalone dect solution if you are looking to rollout a truly large
system for a manufacturing/warehouse (hell I've seen an ericsson md110
being used as a standalone for 1 installation (a little over 40 million
square feet of coverage with 300 handsets) but I somehow don't think
this is the league you are talking about).

Cheers,
Dean
p.s. yes I know that there are 2 wifi base to base roaming solutions
available but they are dammed expensive for what you are getting and
dect is a perfectly good solution for today.

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x7E0B9A2D