[Asterisk-Users] calling number type

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at digitalpath.net
Wed Aug 17 13:40:33 MST 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 10:37:01AM -0600, Damon Estep wrote:

>    Is there a method in SIP to set the CALLING number type to national and the
>    calling  number plan to isdn? I am dealing with an issue where a media
>    gateway is not sending the correct values and would like to know if SIP has
>    an equivalent parameter that can be set and mapped in the media gateway
>    sip-isdn translations.

Just out of curiosity, who is your provider?  We recently ran into the same
thing.  Setting the call type to "Unknown" is our provider's way of
identifying 911 calls.

Since there was no way to send this via SIP, they will most likely have to
give us some custom dial string target to pass to them during which their ISDN
interface will set the call type properly for us.

Would be interested if you find a way to do this with SIP only however.

Ray