[Asterisk-Users] DECT gateways

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Wed Aug 17 11:51:26 MST 2005

On 20:42, Wed 17 Aug 05, Yoann Le Bihan wrote:
> 2005/8/17, Michiel van Baak <michiel at vanbaak.info>:
> > Is there any other solution like this out there that works
> > with asterisk ?
>
> Why don't you use WiFi VoIP phones like ZyXEL 2000W (which is not such
> expensive compared with Cisco ones...) ?
>
> Best regards,

There are no cisco phones involved. The kirk handsets will
be recognized by CCM as cisco phones, but they are not.
That's what their website said. I have chan-sccp-cm running
with some 7905's and it does the job real fine. So if those
handsets work ok, it will do the trick for our customers.

I've been thinking about WIFI phones, but some important,
possible issues come to mind.

People want wireless phones so they can walk around while
calling. So the phones should do accesspoint roaming while
in a call and not getting disconnected. Is that possible ?
Besides that, DECT has encryption, and everywhere I read
about WIFI phones, I hear they don't provide normal
callquality when WEP is enabled.

So that's why I was looking for a dect solution.
--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info
michiel at vanbaak.info