[Asterisk-Users] Automatic start with SuSe linux

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Wed Aug 17 11:04:51 MST 2005

On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 01:27:08PM +0300, laine.marko at porilainen.com wrote:
> Hi!
> I'm trying to start asterisk at boottime. Since SuSe

It was SuSE (the old way). Now it is SUSE. Was it ever SuSe?

> has no rc.local like in
> Redhat linux, I need asterisk starting script to /etc/init.d/rc3.d -directory
> (I assume it is like that if i want automated asterisk startup).
> Do you have any experience how this is implemented in SuSe, and if you have some
> useful script for starting asterisk, I would be very, i mean VERY pleased?
>
> Thank you all in advance!

One nice thing SuSE has and most other distros lack is service
dependencies: you can define in your init.d script which services your
script needs and let insserv sert out the load order.

For instance, asterisk needs to load after zaptel. The flash operator
panel's daemon needs to start after asterisk.

Also, if you install from RPMs, note that the init.d dir of SuSE is
actually different than the one od RH. Or at least it was last time I
looked.