[Asterisk-Users] Any success with Polycom DHCP VLAN discovery?

Tim Nyce tnyce at idts.org
Wed Aug 17 09:27:04 MST 2005

Greetings.

Has anyone made this work with BootROM 2.6.2 and app 1.5.2?

I've tried sending DHCP options 128, 144, 157 and 191 containing a
single digit (the VLAN ID) with the phone's 'Fixed' setting for DHCP VLAN
discovery. Different DHCP data types don't seem to help, as I've tested
with raw bytes, ASCII and 16-bit unsigned ints to no avail.

Setting the phone's option to 'Custom' and using option 129 hasn't worked,
nor has enabling the CDP option (totally different, I realize).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim