[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancellation again ...

Tom Hayden thayden at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 05:44:47 MST 2005

I have experienced pretty nasty echo on my PRI w/TE110P. The echo was
only coming from other POTS lines, because cell phones already have
echo cancellation, and other PBX's had the same.  I resolved the
problem by turning on the AGGRESSIVE option and it works fine now, and
we haven't noticed a severe degradation in sound quality - most of my
operators were just happy the echo was gone :)

--
Tom Hayden
Astoria Telecom, LLC

On 8/17/05, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:
> Alan Bunch wrote:
>
> > I have been reading with great interest the posts on trouble shooting
> > echo cancellation with *.  Is it just coincidence that all of this
> > discussion has been with analog lines.  Are PRI's susceptible to echo
> > problem like POTS lines.
> >
> Alan,
>
> I have experienced echo on our PRI with EC turned off.  Granted, it was
> Asterisk server 1 connecting via IAX to server 2, connecting via a PRI
> to call my cell phone.  Turning on EC removed this echo.
>
> Doug

Tom