[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk (multiple) + Ser

Ronald Voermans r.voermans at global-e.nl
Wed Aug 17 02:55:32 MST 2005

I have several Asterisk servers installed and one SER server which will
act as a gateway to PSTN, en redirect server.

I was thinking to implement it the following way:

- Register all the * servers at SER (is this neccessary?) -> this works
via register=>asterisk:password at serbox in sip.conf
- Setup aliases in SER for the telephonenumbers to the appropiate *
server: serctl alias add 0161234567 at serbox asterisk at serbox e-mailaddress

This way, when one SIP phone behind a * server calls for example
016234567, the * server forwards the request to SER, SER looks up the
alias en then forwards it to the destined * server. If a number cannot
be handled, SER will forward it to the PSTN gateway.

Now my problems:
I'm a totaly newby on SER. I managed to get the * server register
themselves with SER, and setup Aliases. However I cannot get ser.conf
configured so that it does what i've explained before. Is anybody
willing to help me out, if possible with a sample ser.conf?

TIA,

Ronald Voermans