[Asterisk-Users] Re: florz patch for bristuff breaks compile on x86_64?

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Tue Aug 16 21:59:40 MST 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Remco Barende wrote:

> After upgrading a CentOS 3.x box to CentOS 4.1 (both x86_64 with an Athlon64)
> I also wanted to get the latest bristuff. Unfortunately bristuff without
> florz causes the box to kernel panic within hours (console will complain
> about bad frame received something).
>
> It seems however that the florz patch will not work for x86_64 arch. Bristuff
> -0.2.0-RC8j compiles fine without the florz patch, but after applying the
> patch zaphfc will not compile anymore (the patch applies cleanly).
>
> Anyone managed to get bristuff with florz working on x86_64 arch?
>
> Thanks!

Sorry for replying to my own message, I forgot to include the error:

rm -f zaphfc.o *.ko *.mod.c *.mod.o .*o.cmd *~
rm -rf .tmp_versions
Link /usr/src/linux-2.6 to your kernel sources first!
make: *** [linux26] Error 1
install -D -m 644 zaphfc.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc/zaphfc.ko
install: cannot stat `zaphfc.ko': No such file or directory
make: *** [installlinux26] Error 1
hfc-pci driver installed.
Press <Enter> to continue, or <CTRL> + <C> to abort.

All other packages from bristuff compile fine after florz, just not
zaphfc.