[Asterisk-Users] Re: New Beta IAX Statistics Program

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Tue Aug 16 19:24:06 MST 2005

Scott Bussinger wrote:
>>Hi, we have put together a small application for Windows to allow you to
>>check IAX network statistics.
>

> The application seems to work fine, but could you point to any information
> that helps interpret the information that it displays? I've seen the little
> bit that the new jitterbuffer documentation provides, but I'd like a bit
> more indepth information on what to do with the raw information.
>
> Thanks! Be seeing you.

Ok.  Local vs Remote are pretty self explanatory.

Return Trip Time: Time taken for the return trip (ping)

Jitter: Say you have 70ms ping and it sometimes goes up to 100ms, then this is
30ms jitter.

Loss %: Percentage of packets which are lost

Loss Count: Total number of packets which have been lost in this test

Packets: Total number of packets

Delay: The local/remote delay - this one I'm not too sure on

Dropped: The number of packets that were dropped (presumably to decrease the
size of the jitter buffer)

Out of Order:  Number of packets which have arrived out of sequence, i.e.
1,2,3,5,4,6,7,8 - 4 is out of order.

:)

I'm also looking at developing an IAX Client version that works by reading
commands from a text file and printing responses to another text file.  I have
this pretty much working now for a proprietary customer but wonder if it would
be useful to some other developers (~400K exe + ~250K dll).

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell