[Asterisk-Users] SIP "agent" phone w/ headset

Colin Stefani colin.stefani at tideworks.com
Tue Aug 16 16:01:26 MST 2005

I have a call center where we're looking at converting it from a
traditional PBX w/ digital phone "agent" sets (keyless phones) that have
headsets to a SIP based environment.

I am having trouble finding anything on the market that resembles this
in the VoIP world.

For reference, we're currently using Inter-Tel Agent Sets, which are
basically a digital phone with out any keypad, buttons or handset, just
a line input and a headset jack. I need the equivalent.

I know the first thing you think is why don't you use the agent's PC as
the VoIP client and do a softphone, however I need to protect the caller
from getting cut off should the PC crash/die/etc. While paranoid it's
something where a regular endpoint like an ATA or SIP phone would be the
best option.

Colin Stefani
Tideworks Technology