[Asterisk-Users] TxFax -> RxFax on same machine hangs

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Tue Aug 16 12:37:31 MST 2005

Hi,

I noticed a strange behaviour:
Faxing using spandsp (TxFax) from my asterisk box to my
old, common fax machine at home works fine.
Faxing from the same box to my office pc-fax (Hylafax)
also worke fine.

Receveiving faxes on my asterisk box using spandsp (RxFax)
also works fine. It is a PSTN number connected to the digium
card of that asterisk box.

Then I faxed from my asterisk box (TxFax) to that PSTN number,
my asterisk box answers the call, TxFax and RxFax, both start,
but no tif file is created in the directory, where normally the
fax files are created. Using show channel I can still see
both apps, TxFax and RxFax, even after half an hour. Then
I stopped using soft hangup, and tried again several times:
Same result.

So, do I have to avoid to fax to myself in any case, because
I risk to produce those never terminating jobs, which probably
consume some resources?

How can I enable asterisk to fax to itsself?
Well, it won't be the normal operation, but when allowing clients
to fax, it can happen by chance, that someone faxes to another
user on the same machine without knowing it.

Thanks for any hints!

Roger.