[Asterisk-Users] 5 way calling?

Kris Edwards krisedwards at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 12:19:01 MST 2005

As far as quality of meetme, that depends a lot on your setup.  I've
had 2 zaps and 3 sips and the quality was perfect.  So if you're
talking about 5 people all on zap channels, I think you'll be
satisfied.  If you're not, there are a couple of third party apps on
the wiki you could try.

(for the record, I've never had a meetme conference in which there
were four users on two zap channels 3 wayed, but I suppose * wouldn't
really care about the 3 way part of things... just dump them into the
same room and everyone should be able to talk.  (The only thing I can
think of is that the users 3-wayed would not be able to use dtmfs to
control themselves, but rather they would control both users on that
channel.. so, you couldn't have an admin and a user on the same zap
channel, or you couldn't mute just one of the two since * would see
them as the same person))

On 8/16/05, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> hugolivude wrote:
> > I'm running RedHat 9 with a TDM400 (2FXO, 2FXS).
> >
> > Before I implemented Asterisk, some users were using Bell services to
> > set-up 5 way calling:  The user would set up a three way call on one
> > line, switch to the second line, set up another 3 way call and then
> > link the two lines together with the Flash key, thus establishing a 5
> > way call (the user, 2 others on line 1, another 2 on line 2).  How can
> > I accomplish the same thing w/ Asterisk?
>
> You transfer each call into the same MeetMe conference.

Ita erat quando hic adveni