[Asterisk-Users] 5 way calling?

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 11:40:41 MST 2005

I'm running RedHat 9 with a TDM400 (2FXO, 2FXS).

Before I implemented Asterisk, some users were using Bell services to
set-up 5 way calling:  The user would set up a three way call on one
line, switch to the second line, set up another 3 way call and then
link the two lines together with the Flash key, thus establishing a 5
way call (the user, 2 others on line 1, another 2 on line 2).  How can
I accomplish the same thing w/ Asterisk?

I had thought that perhaps the user could set up a three way call,
transfer that to a Meet-Me conference room, then set up another three
way call on the other line and transfer that to the same  Meet-Me
conference room.  Would that work?

It's a little difficult for me to "try" this, so if you have insight
I'd be grateful.  BTW what's the quality like in the Meet-Me
conference room?  Is it comparable to what Bell would provide?

Thanks,
Hugh