[Asterisk-Users] X-lite and Dell Optiplex

Luis Czop luis at ipxus.com.ar
Tue Aug 16 11:00:53 MST 2005

Hi List,

I'm trying to install X-Lite in Dell Optiplex GX-280 but I'm experiencing sound problems.

When I configure the Audio Tunning Wizard all seems fine, but whe I make a call the sound quality is the worst.
The sound is very noisy, with very low volume and gaps without sounds. I've tried with 3 desktops CPU with the same result.

The onboard sound device is a SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio and the OS is Windows XP. The firewall is disabled.

I also have tryed with a Clon PC and the phone works fine.

Does anyone have experienced this problem? Which was the solution?

Any help will be apreciated, many thanks in advance.

Luis