[Asterisk-Users] PhoneCALL v2.6.1 - Released

Dustin Wildes asterisk-users at vecsector.com
Tue Aug 16 08:21:58 MST 2005

Thanks Mark!
You're right - this version is intended for the 'advanced' admin, one
who is very knowledgable with Asterisk, but we are working on
simplifying the interface in the next revisions that will make
administration easier for most user types.

Basically - think of it like this:
The developer/integrator would use the 'admin' interface as-is now to
configure/program the PBX.  After loading the applications and setting
up the accounts/extensions - they could create a 'local admin' account
that would allow an office manager to add an extension, reset voicemail
passwords, view reports, etc...  And a user-account that would allow
average-joe's (no offense to anyone named 'Joe' :)  ) to easily
configure their extension, review call logs - etc..

The great thing is, a system configuration can be created, exported -
and ready to be loaded onto the next server.  This templating can make
deployment very easy and fast for Asterisk-based servers, and make life
alot easier on distributors.

I have the beginnings of an Administrator manual about 60% finished.  It
should be posted later this week or next week.

--Dustin