DTMF, Asterisk, External PSTN gateway, and PAP2 (was: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Issue with DTMF Tones -CodecIssues)

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 05:54:51 MST 2005

I'll pass that on to my lead engineer, he was under the assumption that
rfc2833 was too unreliable. I personally don't know, but will look further
into the matter.

Thanks for the help

->(was: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Issue with DTMF Tones -CodecIssues)
->
->I run a bunch of the Linksys ATA's..  I always use rfc2833 for DTMF.
->works very well and have never had a problem with it.
->
->Brian Fertig
->NOC/Network Engineer
->Planet Telecom, Inc.