DTMF, Asterisk, External PSTN gateway, and PAP2 (was: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Issue with DTMF Tones - Codec Issues)

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 16 05:43:06 MST 2005

This is not an answer but rather an addition to the question. We're using a
large scale VOIP only asterisk system that has PAP2 enduser units using
inband as their DTMF mode. sip.conf is set for using inband as well, and we
pass PSTN calls through a provider.

Here's the problem, when our users call other IVR systems like banks and
other voicemails they have been unable to always pass the keys they press.
Sometimes if they press the keys slowly it works, but not all the time, and
otherwise it definitely doesn't work.

Anyone else had this problem and/or know of a possible solution?

Sherwood