[Asterisk-Users] SIP exten to PSTN calls

Yair Hakak yhakak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 04:39:34 MST 2005

I am confused. what do you expect to happen when you call the PSTN?

let's say you call "023459823"  (assuming you are in a country where
dialing codes begin with 0)

first of all, why do you have 2 lines that match the same extension
and tell asterisk to do different things? I am referring to these 2:

exten=>_0.,1,Dial(Zap/1/SIP/197,20,tT)
exten=>_0.,1,Dial(Zap/1/SIP/198,20,tT)

Let's say the second one is operative. I dont understand how this is
supposed to dial out on the zap channel.

take a look here:

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+config+extensions.conf

this should help you sort things out.
Personally, i would define an incoming context and an outgoing context
separately, but that's just a preference.

-yair