[Asterisk-Users] codecs order

Erik Versaevel erik at infopact.nl
Mon Aug 15 23:42:29 MST 2005

That should be controllable by a weight, for example 2 peers:

A --> G729, G711
B --> G711, G729

What's currently happening is that * starts transcoding between the two
(g729 for A and G711 for B), what i would like is to apply a weight to
peer A so that the codec of choise at both sides becomes the preffered
choise of A (G729) on both sides so there won't be any transcoding.
This would allow for some nice things as fax passtrough (A and B has to
use G711 then, but if the weigted A says G711, B would use G711 to).

Kind regards,

Erik