[Asterisk-Users] PABX and Asterisk Dial Plan

Stephen myvoip at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 22:55:23 MST 2005

Hi All,

Can Asterisk dial extension which resides in the PABX?

(eg. 2000) Sip Phone <-----> Asterisk <------> ATA (FXS)  <------>  (CO
side) PABX <-----> Extension (eg. 1000)

(2100 & 2101)

can my sip phone call to pabx extension 1000? What will be my dial plan?
I know I can connect to 1000 by dialing 2100 from sip phone after PABX
answer my call.

But that's too troublesome, Can I just dial 21001000 instead ? which
mean the first 4 numbers are for pabx and the next 4 numbers are for
extension?

Thanks,
Stephen