[Asterisk-Users] Echo problem -- network related?

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Sun Aug 14 09:13:25 MST 2005

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, Rudolf Ladyzhenskii wrote:

> > You don't get 'echo' on the network, you'd only get true echo
> > connecting to analogue PSTN lines so as Matt pointed out it will sound
> > set-up/card related.
>
> Yes, this would be the logical conclusion, although it is hard to beleive
> given what I hear.
> It sound like I am talking to myself at a pretty good quality. Actually echo
> quality is much better than other party.

This sounds exactly like you are recording the outgoing audio. The windows
drivers for some sound cards does that by default. Go to the mixer, select
the recording options and enable all controls so they are not hidden.
Check which sources are used for recording.

E.g. all the Dell desktops we purchased this year have audio drivers that
by default record the outgoing audio.

Peter