[Asterisk-Users] Multiple Asterisk Installations + SER

Ronald Voermans r.voermans at global-e.nl
Sun Aug 14 08:34:11 MST 2005

I'm trying to implement a shared asterisk server for multiple
(different) companies. Here's what I've done so far:

- I've installed multiple asterisk instances on one server (via
vserver). Each * is for one customer, and has it's own extensions (like
100, 101, 102, etc.) Note that the same extension can exist on other *
instances
- The SIP Clients register themselves with *
- As a front-server I've installed a SER server.
- Via our Telco we have a IP Voice Interconnect, which is our gateway to
the PSTN.

Can you please advise me what's best to do next:

- Let the * servers register themselves to SER
- Make aliases for the (public) phonenumbers to the * 'user'
- If an PSTN phonecall comes in from our gateway, it comes at SER; SER
looks in the aliases to which * it belongs, and forward the call the *
which then forwards it to the SIP client (IP Phone/Application...)
- Calls made by a SIP client are being handled by *, which forwards the
call to SER. SER looks if it's a local call (=> handled by A * server)
or a PSTN call, and based on that forwards the call to a * server, or to
the PSTN gateway.

Is this an efficient setup? Our customers our connecting to the * via
WAN. Is it smarter to let the SIP Clients register with SER (can they
still have the same extensions)?

If anyone has some ideas about this, or other suggestions: they're more
than welcome!

Regards,

Ronald Voermans