[Asterisk-Users] Echo problem -- network related?

Rob Lith connection.telecom at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 01:14:10 MST 2005

You don't get 'echo' on the network, you'd only get true echo
connecting to analogue PSTN lines so as Matt pointed out it will sound
set-up/card related. What you could be getting is feedback or sidetone
- so check for things like mic boost and turn that off and it may even
be worth trying another sound card - we've had instances where the
onboard sound of a motherboard was really crap (with 'echo' like
problems) and it was resolved by disabling and putting in the Creative
card...

Rob