[Asterisk-Users] Why NAT problem

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Sat Aug 13 19:22:01 MST 2005

This is not technically true. For instance, you can take a Cisco 79X0
and put it behind NAT and it will work without port forwarding. You do,
however, have to program the phone to enable the NAT features. (There
are two, I can't remember their names, though.) I have generally left
the WAN IP address blank, with no noticable ill effects, but that might
not be a good idea.

Also, I believe that you can do this with multiple phones, so long as
you use different port numbers for each phone (5061, 5062, etc)

Tom