[Asterisk-Users] Echo problem -- network related?

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rudolfl at optusnet.com.au
Sat Aug 13 18:57:41 MST 2005

Hi, all

I am running asterisk and my friends are running FireFly IAX phone. All is
fine except one of them.  When anyone tries to talk to him, tehre is a real
bad echo. It is nothing to do with sound setup.
For example, I call him and I can hear myself speaking with some delay. In
"lame terms" it feels like my voice is bouncing off his computer and I can
hear myself very clearly. At same time, on his end my voice is heard but it
is breaking up.
I have another friend using same ISP and there are no problems. I also
checked his PC for mailware and other software that can impact on networking
performance. All seems OK.

I am going to take his PC and connect it on same LAN astersik is sitting on
to make sure it is not PC doing it. In the meanwile I would appreciate any
ideas you might have.

Thanks,
Rudolf