[Asterisk-Users] False Zap answer problem

Soner Tari list at kulustur.org
Sat Aug 13 12:05:58 MST 2005

Hi All,

I am experiencing a very strange problem. I call the FXO channels (Zap/2 and
3) almost at the same time, and then hang both up. The operator extension is
Zap/6, and after the greeting message Zap/6 starts to ring (there is no
disconnect supervision here, and I disabled the busy detect for hangup
detection, so the outside lines stay open until Asterisk hangs them up).

As you can see on the following CLI section, when the VoiceMail promt starts
to play for Zap/2, the system thinks that Zap/6-2 has answered the Zap/3,
when in fact nobody answers it:

    -- Hungup 'Zap/6-1'
    -- Executing VoiceMail("Zap/2-1", "u0") in new stack
    -- Playing 'vm-theperson' (language 'tr')
    -- Zap/6-2 answered Zap/3-1

I can very easily replicate this (did it 3 times).

Where should I look for the source of this problem? Is it the TDM card or
the Asterisk? How does Asterisk know if a line has been answered on a TDM
card? This seems like some kind of cross-talk between the two FXO channels,
but it's really strange. Has anybody had a similar problem?

Of course, the workaround is to use some sort of hangup detection on outside
lines, but I was having false hangup problems with busy detect, thus
disabled it and noticed this problem (and see my above comment on disconnect
supervision here).

I have 2x TDM cards (version E/F) with 3x FXO and 4x FXS modules on each.

Asterisk version is:
Asterisk CVS-HEAD built by root at asterisk on a i686 running Linux on
2005-08-10 22:55:45 UTC

I have echocancel and echocancelwhenbridged enabled. (Could it be the
echocanceller?)

I would appreciate any help,
Soner