[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Fax

Joseph syscon at interbaun.com
Sat Aug 13 10:23:32 MST 2005

> > I plan on setting up an asterisk server to be used as an
> > email-2-fax/fax-2-email server, for a company that sends and
> > receives faxes almost 24/7 (milions of fax pages every month).
> >
> > >From your experience in this, can Asterisk handle the heavy load? I
> > intend to purchase a Saphir V PRI ISDN Adaptor for them.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Alex.
>
> Alex,
>
> Skip asterisk if your goal is high-volume faxing. HylaFAX is a much
> better suited product. www.hylafax.org
>
> Tom

I'll second that.
Hylafax has can handle the job.  If you put asterisk in between you are
looking for problems.
I've the following setup working with asterisk NVBackgroundDetect
implemented.
PSTN <--> asterisk <--> hylafax

It woks, I would say 90% of the time.  There seems to me some timing
problems with asterisk, see my posting with subject: real-time priority

--
#Joseph