[Asterisk-Users] (no subject)

Cliff Savage cliff at acsalaska.net
Sat Aug 13 09:10:03 MST 2005

My linux box speaks pppoe to external DSL modem.
Nortel NTEX35 BAAB. It's up 24/7 and provides
web service...etc.
Has 6 nics, one of them is fiber.
Asterisk is on the same box.
Don't have any IP phones yet.

The asterisk default is to listen on all 6
enet interfaces? (this is what I'd want).

Etherape is showing me a healthy dose of
subnet broadcast on each nic...which I assume
is asterisk doing discovery, or it's announcing
itself?

asteriskdocs.org says this:
> We now having a working example of a zapata.conf with
> an FXS channel (1) and an FXO channel (4) that we can use.
> Channel 4 can be connected to an analog circuit such as might be
> provided by your phone company.
> You can plug an analog telephone directly into Channel 1.

The digium board will be in the same box.
Does this mean:
Channel 4 to incoming phone line.
Channel 1 to DSL modem?

Or DSL modem to the incoming line...and then the pass thru
port on the DSL modem goes to Channel 4?

Will this even work? I'd hate to have to switch
to a cable modem.

TIA