[Asterisk-Users] Identify call flow from manager events

Christian Peter christian.peter at charlysworld.de
Sat Aug 13 02:59:50 MST 2005

Hi again,

next problem I have is: I want to write an application which connects
via manager api and displays the current telephone state.

I know I have the action id to identify events which belong together.
But if I have a call going inside asterisk and asterisk rings a phone
these are two channels with different action ids. How can I know that
these channels belong together?

I know there are link events but what if the phone doesn't answer? Then
I have two separate channels.

Can I rely on the number in the action id after the dot? Eg.
111111111111111.0 is the incoming channel and
111111111111111.1 is the next channel belonging to the incoming call
action

I mean if the next channel which starts with 111111111111111. is
created, can I assume that this channel belongs to the incoming channel?

Background: My other problem was that MISDN displays the wrong callerid.
I want to check if an incoming call is via MISDN and display the fixed
callerid in my application (eg. a missing incoming call without a link
event).

Thanks

Christian