[Asterisk-Users] fc3 build after kernel update?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Aug 12 20:20:54 MST 2005

Updated the kernel on a fc3 box from 2.6.9-1.667 to 2.6.12-1.1372_FC3
today. Now the cvs-head for zaptel won't compile (libpri and asterisk does).

The problem seems to be a symlink issue with the zaptel/Makefile looking for:
 KSRC:=/lib/modules/$(KVERS)/build
and it doesn't exist. The kernel source for 2.6.12 was applied succesfully
(supposedly) but a find on "build" does not indicate its existance for
the 2.6.12 kernel. (The build directory does exist for the old kernel yet.)

A google search produced lots of "install the kernel sources" and create
a symlink to the kernel sources, but those aren't hitting the target issue
associated with this kernel update. I'd be the first to admit I'm not a
kernel admin.

Thoughts anyone?