[Asterisk-Users] CODEC RECOMEND FOR ASTERISK...

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Aug 12 17:30:07 MST 2005

If they are all SIP based devices why not use the "standard" G711. The
server will only be doing real work when one of the users want to make
an outside call.

As a guide, I run an Dual HP DL380 2.8GHz with 1GB of RAM and a Quad T1
card with 3 PRI's attached for a total of 120 users 30 of which are a
call center. My machine doesn't even use 10% of its facilites.

IMHO you'll be more than fine.

Mark

Ing. Marlo R. Beltran G wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> I ‘am implementing aseterisk pbx on a p4 512 ram 40 gb for 20 users, I
> have ip 301 and 501 ip polycom phones, 2 digium cards and I wonder if
> you can recommend A CODEC the best codec for my selection…thanks
>

> What codec should I use???
>

> I am using SIP
>

> Marlo

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI