[Asterisk-Users] Announcement to called party

JP Carballo jplc at nf2x.com
Fri Aug 12 16:48:20 MST 2005

Steven Hall wrote:

> I am trying to send an announcement to the called party using the A(x)
> parameter in Dial, however, the message is not being played. There is
> a pause between the Dial command being executed and the call being
> connected to the calling party of the same length as the announcement
> .gsm file, but the message itself is not being played. (I have tried
> this and timed it with different announcement files). The problem
> occurs whatever the called party technology.
>

> I am running Asterisk version 1.0.8. A typical exten line in
> extensions.conf is
>

> exten => s,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/1 at Office,20,mA(${MES}))
>

> where MES is a global variable containing the name of the .gsm file in
> /var/lib/asterisk/sounds. Putting the actual name in makes no
> difference and the same problem occurs with ZAP and SIP channels.
>

> Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Is there possibly
> something wrong with my configuration
>
> Steven Hall .
> *steven_hall at blueyonder.co.uk*

What does the CLI say?
Does it show Playing 'value-of-MES' (language 'en')?
I'm using 1.0.8 here and I have no problems using A(x) in my dial
strings in either ZAP or SIP channels.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.