[Asterisk-Users] Small Form Factory Machine

Manny A. Wise asterisk-users at calltheus.com
Fri Aug 12 13:51:40 MST 2005

Well, I was using a dual intel cpu mid ATX tower with Rioworks motherboard,
I was real happy with performance, but was bother by the size of the unit
and the amount of heat that was putting out, I when with a small factor unit
(shuttle)with 1gig ram and a 3200+ AMD cpu, and had all kind of troubles!, I
fought that system for weeks, then I did my home work and since I don't like
to re-invent the wheel, I when with a microATX aluminum case with a Intel
cpu and I am real happy, I look after a very successful company that sell
the asterisk system as a turnkey system and I look at what motherboard they
were using, and bingo, it worked real well.... I am sure they spend lots of
money trying to find out a good motherboard to put in the mentioned system,
since they need to support it all over the world. Contact me off list if you
want more details...

Manny