[Asterisk-Users] 7960 TFTP

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Aug 12 12:51:28 MST 2005

Are you describing your TFTP server in your DHCP server configs?.  I'm
guessing that you are using a Window$ based dhcp server and that your
working TFTP server is on that same machine?

It's been my experience that the Cisco (and some others) phones will try
to TFTP from the device that issued the IP address unless told otherwise.

Also, what Linux platform is your TFTP server running on? Whilst the
Howto's tell you to put your files in /tftpboot you will often find that
the correct file area for your server is /usr/local/tfptboot. A quick
check of /etc/init.d/tftpd will reveal the file area.

Hope that helps

Mark

Craig Bruenderman wrote:
> Are there any known issues with Cisco 7960s and any particular TFTP
> daemons? I cannot seem to get mine to speak to a Linux box, but
> Solarwinds under Windows works like a charm.
>
> Craig Bruenderman
> Network Advocates, Inc.
> 300 Envoy Circle
> Suite 300