[Asterisk-Users] TE405P / TE410P with 2nd generation firmware field upgradable?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Aug 12 06:57:35 MST 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 09:30, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > Unfortunately not.  It's a configuration PROM, not EEPROM or FLASH.  I am
> > pretty sure that Digium has an upgrade program in place though.  It's
> > best to contact them directly for these types of inquiries instead of the
> > list.
>
> Actually, it is EEPROM, and will be upgradeable in the field once the
> card has 2nd gen firmware installed on it.

TE405 Rev A uses an XCF01S which by Xilinx own documentation says is a PROM.
I haven't taken a close look at the TE405 Rev B.  :-)

Of course, Xilinx could be outright lying and the're not PROM at all, or
they're being pedantic and saying "yes it's programmable, but it's also
REprogrammable."

Either way I'll just shut up.  :-)

-A.