[Asterisk-Users] OT: Sendmail question

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rudolfl at optusnet.com.au
Fri Aug 12 02:09:45 MST 2005

Hi, all

I want voicemails to be delivered to recepients by e-mail. I have set up
voicenail, and I can see asterisk is using sendmail to send messages out.
Using Ethereal, I can see that messages are leaving my network, but
receipeint mail server never replies back. As a result, mail delivery is
timed out.

I got a book on sendmail and it looks quite complex. It will take quite a
bit of time to find out what is going on. I am using FC3 and sendmail uses
default configuration. Is teher a quick tweak I can do to get it to work?
May be someone can suggest another mail program that is easier to setup?

Messages sent from command line behave same way as ones sent from asterisks,
so it is definetely a sendmail configuration issue.

Thanks a lot,
Rudolf